CAD - Computer Aided Design is an invaluable tool for an engineer to produce accurate technical drawings.
CAD is the standard for producing engineering drawings in industry due to its ease in:
- Design – working models can be made with relative ease and speed.
- Accuracy – designs are made to the exact measurements the project would be on-site and can be scaled to different sizes.
- Adjustability – design modifications can be made easily.
- Analysis – Some programs can examine the structural competency of a design.
- Replication – a design can easily be printed in the size and format required, whereas with hand drawings this would be far more laborious.